The Perfect Pure 5231JA2006A and 5231JA2006B Replacement Refrigerator Water Filter will leave you with cleaner, clearer, great tasting water and ice.
Also replaces the following filters:
- Activated Carbon Technology improves water quality without removing beneficial minerals.
- Reduces chlorine, odor contaminants and particulate.
- Water flow rate meets or exceeds OEM filter specifications.
For Kenmore Refrigerators: 46-9990, 4609990000, 469990, 9990, 9990P
For LG Refrigerators: 5231JA2005A, 5231JA2005A-S, 5231JA2006, 5231JA2006A, 5231JA2006A-S, 5231JA2006E, 5231JA2006F, 5231JA2006F-S, 5231JA2006H, 5231JJ2001C, 523JA2806F, LT600P
Other common part numbers: CLS30320001, EFF-6003A, FML-2, HDX-FML-2, PS2441842, RWF1051, SGF-LA50, WF300
How To Install Your New Filter:
1. Remove old filter cartridge by grasping and turning counter clockwise about 1/4 turn - discard
2. Push new filter into the filter head until it stops and turn the new filter 1/4 turn clockwise until it stops
3. Flush new cartridge by dispensing water for about 5 minutes. Your refrigerator manufacturer recommends dispensing at least 2 gallons of water to remove trapped air from the water line and discharging any loose charcoal sediment.
4. If your refrigerator is equipped with a water filter indicator light, press and hold the “Filter” or “Reset” button for 5 seconds or longer. (Reset procedures may vary, see your refrigerator manufacturer’s website for model specific reset instructions.)
*Tip: On almost all refrigerators, your reminder light is simply a 6 month timer, it doesn’t measure water volume or tell you if your filter is clogged. Your filter may last for more or less time depending on your local water quality and how much water you use. If your water flow is reduced, or it begins to taste like tap water, you know it is time to change your filter.